View Single Post
Old 10-13-2017, 07:42 PM  
SunnyOy
Hamster Pup

Wink Re: Worried about my ham's behaviour

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiedoe View Post
Thanks SunnyOy. She has loaaaads of toys in her new Samlas. The trouble is I don’t want to put too many high climbing things in as it gives her access to chew the plastic edges where the mesh is. She is an unstoppable chewer! She does chew her things which are meant for chewing (wood and cardboard) but also tries to chew the plastic edges a lot.

I think the main thing is, should I put her back in the Barney, where she seemed generally happier, but chewed the bars, or keep her in the Samlas. She doesn’t seem to go to the bottom Samla bin loads, which is where her wheel is.

It just seems impossible to make her happy and not give her bars to chew at he same time :’(
If she really chews everything she sees, maybe you should consider to let her out to run in the ball more often for longer time? She then will get more tired and probably reduce the time chewing? I also place the bath sand inside a round plastic box which was an ice cream container and I put it inside the cage for my hamster to dig whenever he feels like. I do find most of my hamsters do not really like the toys I bought for them. They are basically into wheels, corner digging, sand digging, and running ball, that's all.
SunnyOy is offline   Reply With Quote