View Single Post
Old 10-13-2017, 08:52 AM  
SKB_Hamsters
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: 31 Days of October

Thank You SabreRose, dreamtree1234, cypher and Serendipity7000. Sherbet initially used to sleep inside my jumper and hoodie but when I realised she was starting to chew holes in my clothes I didn’t let her sleep inside them anymore so instead she found another warm place to sleep which happened to be beside my neck. It was lovely in the winter as she kept my neck nice and warm! We did have a truly special bond.

Serendipity7000 – Yes I do prefer females – I just love how active and hyper they can be - although they go into heat and the smell can be quite unpleasant over the years of owning just females I have kind of gotten used to it and the smell doesn’t bother me as much as it used to. Also I found whenever I was shown both males and females when I was ready to welcome home a new hamster that the males would wake up and then quickly fall back asleep whereas the females would do they very best to win me over – so I always found it so impossible to resist them. However before getting Pumpkin I did consider possibly getting a male but something didn’t quite feel right and once I was shown Pumpkin my heart was stolen and knew she had to come home with me!

13th – Sherbet - Washing

Sherbet also always liked to look her best so washing and grooming was a top priority for her – it was always the first thing she did when she woke up from her beauty sleep as well as the first thing she did when she went in her playpen. I always enjoyed watching her having a wash she always made sure she never missed a part of her body.

These are a few photos I took of Sherbet grooming in her cardboard box salon …

After Sherbet had a wash she often pulled very funny faces here are only a few of those I managed to capture …

Owning Hamsters since Nov 2007

Last edited by SKB_Hamsters; 10-13-2017 at 09:49 AM.
SKB_Hamsters is offline   Reply With Quote