Thread: Nugget's thread
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 02:51 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Nugget's thread

Thank you TL. Yes he is totally adorable. I think he may have used his wheel last night as the bit of substrate on top was gone (I had put some pumpkin seeds in it). This morning he emerged from the log tunnel when he heard me talking and stood there for quite a while listening and looked quite happy. Then disappeared again. His veg was taken last night as well and I assume he has found the water bottle! I got the Ferplast sippy because it attaches to the tank so I hope it's ok for him. It's the Kerry Terrarium. I really wanted the Marrakesch but had to compromise. I am happy with the Kerry for him and it's an upgrade from what he had before.

No I haven't held him yet - I am itching too lol. He seemed a bit scared of hands and his former Mum had problems catching him to get him out of his old cage. Apparently he got very skitty after his two brothers were taken out. Before that she had handled them regularly. In the end he went in his house and she lifted the house into the pet carrier. When we got back I put the palm of my hand in the pet carrier with some treats on but he just ran away, so I let him walk into a mug and popped him in the cage that way. Maybe when he's had a few days to settle in the cage I'll try some hand taming. I'm not surprised he's a bit scared of hands at the moment - they had to be sexed and also taken to the vets to check the sexing before going to their homes.

Last edited by Pebbles82; 10-11-2017 at 02:56 AM.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote