View Single Post
Old 10-03-2017, 04:42 AM  
SKB_Hamsters
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: 31 Days of October

Thank you souffle, Thin Lizzy and cypher. Lavender and Poppy were such amazing first pets they taught me so much about owning pets and the responsibility of being a pet owner. I enjoyed every moment I got to spend with them both.

3rd – Lavender and Poppy (Continued)

I decided to continue on from yesterday’s post so I can share a few more of my favourite photos and of both Lavender and Poppy.

Although Poppy was more my brother guinea-pig – I still loved her as if she was mine and I really enjoyed spending time with them both. Even though she was blind in one eye this didn’t affect her doing her normally guinea-piggy things and also her eye never caused her any discomfort. In 2007, Poppy sadly peacefully passed away and left us and Lavender to go the bridge. That day was extremely difficult for me to come to terms with as she was the first pet I had ever lost and it was very hard realising that Poppy was no longer with us.

When my parents told me that we were getting guinea-pigs, I remember telling them I wanted a white guinea-pig, which was lucky as Lavender was the only one of her siblings (along with Poppy) who was still up for adoption and fortunately she was all white!. I found the only problem with having a white guinea-pig is they don’t stay white for long (even after a bath) – as Lavender used to pee where she slept therefore her bum was more yellow than white and she also used to dribble veg juice down her chin so often styled a green or red chin depending on which veg/fruit she ate. Lavender passed away peacefully in 2010 to join Poppy (and also Honey and Caramel) at the bridge.

Lavender and Poppy have remained the only guinea-pig that I have ever owned. Although I do really love Guinea-pigs, however I suffer from asthma and bad hayfever which the their hay used to trigger of which made interacting with them a little difficult.

Owning Hamsters since Nov 2007
SKB_Hamsters is offline   Reply With Quote