View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 10:58 AM  
dreamtree1234
The Cuddler of Cuteness

Default Re: Introducing Eros

Thank you, BP! Eros had a wonderful celebration. I think she was extremely pleased to get the cake and candle, too.

Everyone, thank you so much for all of your well wishes to us. We are all doing well. We were under a tropical storm and flood watch yesterday. Thankfully, we weren't hit as badly as was expected. There are tons of trees down and lots of water buildup throughout the city. We were under a curfew until this morning. We actually had no power for almost the whole day and night so I had to manually aerate the fish tank for several hours straight. All the fish in my Atlantis tank were fine although two naughty ones tried doing aerial tricks out of the water - silly fish! Luckily, I caught them in the act and placed them safely back into the tank. I am so thankful that we are all doing fine and am praying for and trying to aid those who suffered during this storm. Although it is not ideal, family who had to evacuate will be trying their best to head back either today or tomorrow if conditions improve. I just got my internet service working a few minutes ago so I wanted to let you know this latest update.

These are a few pics of Snickers after a soothing cuddling session. She finds them quite relaxing; actually we both do, lol. When it was the other pets' turn for extra TLC, she always lets me know she appreciates all the attention and wants more with lots of whistles and popcorning. She even managed to tousle her usually neatly placed fur, lol.

Aww, Snickers! You sure look cute with your melting, chocolate-brown eyes.

Unlike Snickers, Eros wasn't fazed by the storm. It was playtime as usual. She sure loves jumping in and out of her new Jimmy Dean sausage patty box which was of course overly stuffed with paper towels, lol. What fun! Sorry the pics aren't too focused, I thought it was better to have blurry ones than no pics at all.

Here are a few members of my Atlantis aquarium. I decided to show pics of them since I sometimes refer to them periodically in Eros's thread. I thought it was about time I introduce these scaly, finned friends that I so adore. Please excuse the unclear pics, the fish had sand floating everywhere in the tank because of the storm. They like to burrow in there, dart in and out of it, and then make a speedy dart to the top of the water for fun.

This is coy Lucky. He is my very first cory catfish.

Next is funny Shamrock; sometimes she has been known to change her coloring from golden green to iridescent green with varying colors. Loki is not pictured here but is slightly paler in coloring and is a younger, smaller fish.

Here is Merlin; Maleficent is not pictured but looks similar with much paler, dark spots.

Lastly, these are the usual culprits for tank mischief. They are the ones that did the aerial stunt performance during the storm, of course. They are a mating pair. On the left is the female Sikukiiyaleo and on the right is her sweetheart Tunafuraha. Sweet Lyastra is their baby who was born in my tank on my birthday a few years ago; she usually hangs out with Loki and both are not pictured here since they were playing hide-n-seek in the moss ball plants, lol.

Take care and have a lovely, LOVELY week.

"...she fell into a deep sleep, and dreamed the dreams of the dreamtree." ~Stephen Cosgrove
Mum to Duchess. Fur Angels Eros007, Arwen, Hinata & Snickers 4Ever.

Last edited by dreamtree1234; 09-12-2017 at 08:26 PM.
dreamtree1234 is offline   Reply With Quote