View Single Post
Old 09-07-2017, 11:35 AM  
dreamtree1234
The Cuddler of Cuteness

Default Re: Zim, the hamster friendly cat

LokiWolf, I am sorry that you have been getting misunderstood when offering your own experiences to others on the forum. I do not know anything about it or how it came about, but coming to know and respect the other members on our forum, I just have to assume that the members who misunderstood were just trying to kindly inform other hammy owners not to have cats and hammies living in the same room with one another in order to avoid any possible accidents or stress to either animal from happening. Unfortunately, there have been hamster owners who have sadly lost their hams due to their other pets eating or harming them in some way so it is strongly advised to be extra cautious in cases where prey and predators coexist in a home. Because it is extremely rare for a cat to be like Zim and a hammy to be like Charlotte, these two types of animals shouldn't typically be in the same room for the wellfare of each even if closely monitored. However, since you stated that your experience was due to the fact of your exceptionally hammy-loving cat Zim and the unforgettable bond she had with your hammies, I feel that you have done your best in offering your own personal experiences with warnings that things could and most likely will go differently for others with different individual pets. I personally wouldn't feel safe putting prey and predator together, but in your specific case with Zim and your hams it all turned out great and wonderful bonds were created as the result. I can tell that you are an incredibly loving hammy and cat owner, and you would never want to put any animal in harms way. We all are here for one another and each other's animals so the very best we can do is give our best opinions and offer our experiences to one another. I have to say that Zim is a truly exceptional cat and it was truly touching that he and Charlotte formed such a unique and unbelievable bond with one another. I know that there have been many cases of unlikely animals forming bonds that go well beyond what is expected. Thank you for sharing your story of your beloved pets with us. It is quite touching and heartwarming, indeed. I know that it must be truly sweet to see Zim acting as a hammy all these years later. I wish your one-in-a-million cat the happiest of happy belated 9th birthday, and I'm so pleased to hear that he is still thriving and loving being a "hammy-cat", lol! Rest in peace, Charlotte. You were truly special and unique, too!

"...she fell into a deep sleep, and dreamed the dreams of the dreamtree." ~Stephen Cosgrove
Mum to Duchess. Fur Angels Eros007, Arwen, Hinata & Snickers 4Ever.

Last edited by dreamtree1234; 09-07-2017 at 11:59 AM.
dreamtree1234 is offline   Reply With Quote