View Single Post
Old 08-24-2017, 11:19 AM  
Quacky
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Important question about my hamster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffagrams View Post
Please don't feel bad although I know how easy it is to slip into that, particularly as we're often told that 'bigger is always better' but you've done what is right for her and that is the main thing. I always say that no two hamsters are the same in what they like and dislike and why would that not apply to their living environment too? If you think about it, not everyone will want to live in a big manor house and might prefer a comfy cottage or a stylish apartment and I think that this can be the same for hamsters.

The way I'd approach upgrading her is to give her at least two weeks to settle back into her old cage and then look at introducing the new bin cage to her for shorter periods of time to start with and then when it is time to upgrade her, use all of her used substrate in the cage and keep the layout fairly similar.
Thanks, it is easy to slip into the 'I'm a bad owner for giving my hamster a small cage' even if its for their own good. Shes happy at the moment in her old cage, I'll give her 2 weeks like you said.
Quacky is offline   Reply With Quote