Thread: Mites
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2017, 10:07 AM  
AprilPearl
Hamster Hugger

Default Re: Mites

Thank you so so much Serendipity! Sorry for not replying before. I did see and read both your posts yesterday, but I wasn't feeling very well, which was why I didn't reply. Actually haven't been feeling brilliant today either, but I got Quigley's cage all cleaned.

The little dude seemed totally unfazed by his vet excitement yesterday. I thought he might not want to come out in the evening, but he came over to the door. So, I think all is forgiven! Even so, I decided to wait until today to clean him out so as not to give him too much upheaval all in one day. And, the vet said that doing it today would be fine as the mite treatment will last a while.

I went to P@H and purchased the spray you suggested. I gave his entire cage a thorough clean with it and have replaced all his bedding and substrate with fresh. The hemp hats and all wooden toys plus his wooden house had to be chucked out (my mum would let me bake or freeze them for "hygiene reasons"). But, at P@H today, I bought new ones of everything. The only things I was unable to replace today were his hemp mats, but I have ordered more off of Amazon which will arrive tomorrow.

The only thing left to do is to clean his playpen and the toys inside it, plus throw out any wooden ones and clean his play pen's sand bath. But, since I have already Ben cleaning for about 2 hours today, I think I will give myself a break and do that tomorrow.