View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 01:40 AM  
Shadokat
Newborn Pup

Default Re: New hairless hamster with URI

As an addition to the above post, I haven't seen little Nym drink from her water bottle today, but I offered her some applesauce on a spoon and she gobbled it up. (About a scant teaspoon) I offered her a favorite crunchy treat and she came out again. She did not eat it but put it in her "big crunchy things" stash pile. I read that yogurt might help a sick hamster but I don't have any in the house. Before I gave her extra paper towels for bedding and put the heating pad under the sleeping area, she was constantly ripping the insides out of her cardboard house (which she doesn't sleep in). Now she seems more settled and I hope I can keep her warm enough. I felt like she might be ripping the box looking for more bedding different (softer?) from the kaytee paper. I'm looking online for a plush hamster hut to give her to sleep in. I have a cute one that looks like a teddy bear for another hamster, but it's too small for a Syrian. I know how rare and special a hairless Syrian is and I want to make her happy and healthy. It is obvious that she was not ok where she was before - with an owner who cared but could not give her special, individual attention because she had too many others to care for. So if anyone wants to offer me some advice beyond the health issues, I welcome it. Thanks again.
Shadokat is offline   Reply With Quote