View Single Post
Old 08-08-2017, 06:26 AM  
pinkneon
Pink Glittery Hamsters

Default Re: pinkneon's photography!

Hey! I hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine! The weather here has been crazy - we had almost 2 weeks of rain, but it brightened up last Thursday and as been sunny and hot ever since.
At the weekend we had our Pride festival (it's no longer called "Gay Pride" as it is inclusive of EVERYBODY, whether striaght or part of the LGBTQ+ community). Brighton has the UK's biggest Pride festival, and as usual the city was heaving with people for the entire weekend. I only took a couple of photos during the parade on Saturday, as I ended up filming it all. But I did get some other photos over the weekend that I would like to share too. This year was bigger than ever, mainly because we were celebrating 50 years since being gay was decriminalised, so of course it was a very special event.

Firstly, a couple from the parade

We were watching the parade from a bus stop, which had been painted especially for Pride!

After the parade it rained for a whole 5 minutes before the sun came back out. However, rain would not have stopped the celebrations! My housemate and I were then going to go to the after party in one of the parks, but she had run off with her friend, so I spent an hour or so getting some lunch and then walking around the shopping mall. I then popped home to charge my phone, before going out again.
In some of the more local parks there were lots of free events happening across the entire weekend. On Friday evening there was a huge S-Club party, however we missed this as we didn't know what time it was supposed to start! On Saturday I went to one of the parks and had a couple of drinks and listened to the music. I didn't venture to the back of the park (over 18's only) until the Sunday evening when there was cabaret and a disco. The whole weekend ended with fireworks that we watched from the pier, but they were set off from a boat in the middle of the sea!! I have some photos from the park taken on Saturday and Sunday, as well as some of the cabaret, disco and fireworks for you all.

First off, the fountain in the park. I took several photos of it, mainly as I have never taken photos of it before! LOL

Next, there was a giant deckchair just inside the entrance of the park. I have included the photo of me that someone else took, to show you how big it is (I was't quite ready when they took the photo, which is why my arms are like that!)

(I shall post the rest later, when I get back from my appointment)
pinkneon is offline   Reply With Quote