View Single Post
Old 08-05-2017, 06:29 PM  
velma

Default Re: Worried about my new Roborovski

It's tough isn't it, when you're excited to get them home but they're all "nope!" about coming out. It can take a while to settle in. I've personally found though that having a smaller "taming cage" can be helpful - they've (usually) come from a Petshop in a small tank so to go straight into a great big cage can be a bit overwhelming - especially as they're not always used to having people coming at them from above. So with my hams I tend to put them in a smaller cage 'til they're ready to go up a size. I've found they seem less skittish in a smaller tank so helps them get used to you. Actually, my last robo Hector didn't settle at all well when I did upgrade him so he went back down to the mini duna he started in and was much happier. He was skittish and his when he was in the duna multy but went back to being the friendly little fluff that he seemed to be when I first got him. Of course they're all different & a lot of robos are "furry goldfish" - fun to watch but can stay skittish so don't be downhearted as it's just their personality. It takes a while to figure them out but they're great fun when you do.
velma is offline   Reply With Quote