View Single Post
Old 08-03-2017, 05:33 PM  
Stardust79
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Worried about my new Roborovski

Thank you for your replies. I have no intention of starting any taming at the moment. It's too soon to even go sticking my hand in the cage with a treat. I just dropped a treat in last night and tonight. I am just changing water and food right now, and gently talking to her a few times a night (Even though she is probably asleep) I have lot's of patience. I was just a little concerned by her behaviour. I do not mind if she doesn't come out. I had just never in 20 years come across this to this extreme. I shall leave her be for a good week before I attempt to hold out a treat outside her house. I will take it at her pace. I am a very patient person. I adopted a Syrian, who was just so scared. It took months, but now she loves to come out for cuddles. My previous robos...1 was hand tame, the other liked to be stroked but not picked up. They are all different. This new one could surprise me in months to come, but if she isn't one for that, then she will get fussed in the cage.