View Single Post
Old 08-03-2017, 04:22 PM  
Stardust79
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Worried about my new Roborovski

Thank you. Oh 2 of my hamsters, Syrians have never been the "come out" types. My Syrian who I lost recently, almost never came out, and my rescue Syrian who I still have, she does come out and is sociable with me. But she loves her bed more!
But my experience with robos and dwarf's has been that they were very active and out for hours at night.

This new little one has lot's of bridges, and hidey holes in her cage. She has 3 huts too. She has been hiding in her double ended wooden house all of this time, which has a bridge outside either end that gives her extra shelter over the entrances. She has covered those over and the hole in her log over with Carefresh and paper nesting.

I did see her for a split second after posting this thread. But as soon as I walked back in the room, she darted back to safety.

Just odd in my experience with robos. I know they are timid, but my others were quite social from the day I bought them home. Obviously they were cautious, but they still came out and played on their wheel. I just wondered to myself, maybe she misses the safety of her siblings. But in my experience, all of my pairs had to be separated due to serious bullying. So this time, I just got the 1. They were all fighting in that cage in the pet store.

I feel sad for her. I still think it is something to do with my friend being over the first night she was here. She was out on her flying saucer, then he pushed the chair next to her cage and she hasn't been out since. He is in his 40's, he didn't do anything or go near her. Just being loud.