View Single Post
Old 07-31-2017, 10:39 PM  
cypher
Dwarf whisperer

Default 31 days of August

I thought I would begin at the beginning with a little hamster hertory & how I came to love & keep them.
As a child we only had cats & dogs & I don't think it would have occurred to anyone in my family to keep an animal that lived in a cage, maybe not such a bad thing in those days (long, long ago lol!) so I'd never even given hams a thought until one day a friend took me into P@H to see a bearded dragon, fascinating though it was I soon wandered off to have a look around & met my first Russian hams, it was of course love at first sight
Totally smitten I came home & spent hours learning all about them & how to keep them & finally sure I could give one a happy & good life I got my cage & things together all set up & went off to choose my first ham.
There are two P@H close to each other where I go & the one I chose to visit only had one ham! A bit of a surprise after seeing so many in the other shop & expecting to pick my first little furball from a whole litter.
I had the girl get him out for me anyway & I think his fate was decided there & then as she began to say things like "I don't like the black ones, they always bite!" & "no one wants the black ones, they're always the last to go" yet he was the sweetest little thing, not so much as a nibble & happily running around on the floor with us bless him, while my friend was urging me to go to the other branch to see if they had more choice I had already decided that this little ham was never going to get a good home with the staff saying things like that about him so he just had to come home with me!
I honestly couldn't have made a better choice anyway, he was the perfect first ham, hardly needed taming at all & was so friendly, adventurous & cuddly he was a truly wonderful little friend

So meet little T'ycor
His colour changed quite dramatically as he aged but as you can see here as a baby he was a lovely deep black with little white paws.

1.jpg

A few photos of him enjoying his veg.

brocolli.jpg

brocolli2.jpg

corn.jpg

Sorry the photo quality isn't too brilliant, I had a rubbish camera back then!
❤️
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote