Thread: Hi everyone!
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2017, 07:24 AM  
ritacupc4ke
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Hi everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher View Post
Unfortunately that versele laga food really isn't suitable at all, it has quite a lot of fruit in it which Mu shouldn't have at all, you don't have to worry about diabetes with Mel but fruit should only be given in tiny amounts as an occasional treat anyway not as part of their main diet.
I don't know the second food & without knowing the ingredients, protein, fat & fibre content it's not possible to say if it would be suitable or not.
I'm still not sure where you are so can't recommend anything not knowing what might be available.

Water should be changed daily, it needs to be fresh so just empty it out & refill it, bottles should be cleaned out about once a week.

Here's a list of veg you can safely feed.

Safe veg, those marked * are relatively high in sugar so only feed to diabetes prone species as an occasional treat if at all.
Asparagus
Basil
Broccoli
Brussels sprouts
Common or red clover
Cabbage, green or red
Carrot*
Cauliflower
Celery
Chard
Coriander
Courgette
Cress (not mustard & cress as commonly sold together)
Cucumber
Dandelion leaves & flowers
Endive/chicory
Green beans/runner beans
Kale
Pak choi/Bok choi
Parsley
Peas/mange tout/sugar snap/snow*
Peppers, any colour
Potato/sweet potato cooked only*
Radicchio
Spinach
Squash/pumpkin*
Swede
Sweet corn/baby corn*
Turnip
Wow, thank you for your reply!

Oh okay, so I'm glad the laga one is pratically done!

I live in Portugal (europe), so I usually don't see many fancy brands like aspen and such, but Idk I've never looked for anything in particular either! And I'm also a very new owner, so I am still very new on the hamster section.

The Riga one says on the ingredients list: derivatives of vegetable origin, cereals, vegetables, minerals, seeds, vegetable protein extracts, fructooligosaccharides, colourants, antioxidants and various vitamins (A, D3, E 68, C275, E1, E2,....

And it doesn't have a nutritional chart or anything, so that's basically the most useful information I could get to share with you.

This one doesn't seem to have many fruits at all, which I guess it's good, taking from what you said. Nonetheless, I'll be looking foward to your opinion.
ritacupc4ke is offline   Reply With Quote