View Single Post
Old 07-18-2017, 11:07 AM  
cypher
Dwarf whisperer

Default Re: Best food for dwarfs in US/Canada?

Not dumb questions at all

Burgess dwarf hamster harvest is a good mix, it is a bit low on variety though & hams can get a bit bored with it but on the plus side it may be closer (albeit healthier) to the kind of food your ham is used to than some of the German mixes.
The Clamazis mix has a high proportion of grass seed, I was sent some by mistake once & was surprised just how much of it was grass seed, & I've found with making my own mix that mine are very reluctant to eat grass seed, I think it's just too different to what they're used to really, I think the Myps mix would be a better choice, it is a really good food but again quite different to what your ham will be used to, these mixes do depend on your ham eating a reasonable amount of herbage, if they don't eat that part of the mix or not enough the remaining mix will be rather higher in fat than is ideal.
Not an easy choice really but either would be preferable to most foods available in the US/Canada!

ETA I forgot to say all those foods are nutritionally complete so no need to add anything.
❤️

Last edited by cypher; 07-18-2017 at 11:17 AM.
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote