View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 08:55 AM  
cypher
Dwarf whisperer

Default Re: Spartacus and Snapdragon

Snappy is just so sweet It's great to hear how well & how quickly he's settled in with you.

Sorry to hear little Sparky is still a bit screechy, I just love his expressions all the same bless him, I'm really falling for this little guy, I always have a bit of a soft spot for they shy ones

It's always hard to judge without actually seeing a ham as they are all so different but if he's been used to being handled & seems ok when you get him out I would continue to do that just for short periods, he certainly doesn't look terrified or anything in those photos.
I've only ever had one really screechy ham but he'd never been handled at all so I just went really slowly with him & didn't get him out until he was ready, I don't have any experience at all with breeder hams that have been handled & are maybe just slow to settle in a new home, I think it's generally best to persevere though unless you can see signs that it's making him more nervous.
Not sure if that helps or not really!
❤️
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote