View Single Post
Old 07-16-2017, 10:24 AM  
Cinnamon Bear
Banned

Default Re: Best food for dwarfs in US/Canada?

I live in US and buy Higgins Sunburst and Mazuri lab blocks for rat & mouse food. I find that my hamsters love the Mazuri, I break it up in smaller pieces for them. I don't really like the Sunburst as there are so many ingredients that my hamsters don't like. It's filled with the green alfalfa filler pellets. Other ingredients as well, but there aren't very many options otherwise. I find that the hammys much prefer the Mazuri over the Kaytee Forti Diet lab blocks ( the kind Pet-Co feeds their hammys). Also, Pet-Co sells both Mazuri and Higgins Sunburst.

I get so frustrated that I waste a lot of food and want them all on a strictly pellet diet but I want them to be happy too so I buy the Sunburst. I pick out the larger pieces of fruit and give it to my Syrian.

I also bought the Burgess but I ordered it in the Syrian mix, instead of the dwarf blend. I recently saw a food just for dwarves, I think at Pet-Co but I didn't look into the ingredients or even the company who made it as I was in a hurry.
Cinnamon Bear is offline   Reply With Quote