View Single Post
Old 07-09-2017, 08:29 PM  
BayliM
Newborn Pup

Default My hamster sounds like he is sneezing when he is exploring

I have had my Syrian kristof for about 10 days now and recently I noticed that he is making an strange sneezing/chirping sound when he is exploring. I first heard the noise after moving him into his very large bin cage with new toys.... I thought it was a happy noise until I saw that his nose was a little wet when he was sleeping... The bedding is unscented paper but it was a different brand... I also suspected that the chinchilla sand could be making him sneeze so I removed it tonight after watching him roll in it and make that odd sound.Other than that He really only does it when he is sniffing things and exploring. He is finally adjusting and getting use to me so I'm worried about causing too much stress by taking him to the vet. Thankfully I have a small animal vet right by my house! Is this common behavior or could he be sick? His breathing sounds fine and he is extremely active at night. His cage is clean and I have litter trained him, we do a spot clean every night! I would love any and all advice!
BayliM is offline   Reply With Quote