View Single Post
Old 06-29-2017, 03:36 AM  
Burakki
Adult Hamster

Default Re: Quigley: Show Ham?

As far as I know, breeders mostly choose hammies not only based on their show perspective but on their breeding potential as well. For example, our breeder has hammies that she doesn't show but does use for breeding due to their good genes.
Breeders' hamsters are all usually of very good quality and they can't keep them all. Another example is my dad's dog. He is from a very good breeder and himself has so much show potential that the breeder continuously tries to persuade my dad to show him, but my dad doesn't like showing. Also, Marti's breeder wants me to show her, which I might do.
Basically, when it comes to breeders, they have to choose only exceptional ones both for showing and breeding, otherwise they will not be selling anyone. But what a breeder deems exceptional, is not what a judge might. I've heard that even pet shop hamsters have won shows. Your Quigley is a beauty, I would definitely show him.

Mommy to Noir the antique book loving chinchilla
R.I.P. Prince Lemon - my fluffy baby. I’ll never forget you. 23.09.2017 - 17.05.2018
R.I.P. Martina - my golden Queen. You were amazing. 14.02.2017 - 24.01.2019
Burakki is offline   Reply With Quote