View Single Post
Old 06-25-2017, 10:29 AM  
Chiela
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Mineral/salt stones

Isa is a syrian ^^ she is my daughters hamster.
This little girl --> Say hi to Isabeau!
My avatar is my now deceased Gill and he was a robo ^^

I completely agree on the vet issue, not all of them have enough knowledge on the small rodents, not in denmark anyway, that's why i asked you guys ^^
Now the vet I have is one of the top vet's for rodents here, so I can't get one better, as all vet's will tell you to go to this one.

As for her diet I was giving her Burgess, but the little lady have a specific idea of what she should eat and what not to, so I was told to get some all in one pellets.
She is getting :
Science Selective Hamster
Protein 19.0%, Crude fibre 5.0%, Fat content 5.0%, Inorganic matter 5.5%.
Brit Animals Hamster Complete
Crude protein 17.0% Crude fat 4.5% Crude fiber 5.0% Crude cheese 4.0% Water 10.0% Calcium 0.6% Phosphorus 0.6% Sodium 0.03%
And the of course she gets vegetables, treats and fresh apple branches.
So I do believe her diet is a good quality and varied.

This loose jaw situation was really a surprise for me really as she have no problems eating the branches or nuts or so on, I am not so sure it is something that affects her in any way, if it is at all. I am thinking that the vet has over analyzed what ever she thought she saw, and she is a good vet, but as you also stated, i can be a problem getting a vet that know enough about rodents, but when that is said, I of course want to make sure that Isa's diet is a good quality.

But i have started to give her sesame seeds for the mineral issue, as i was told by someone I trust this is a good source.
Also just to make clear, Isa didn't really eat/lick this mineral stone, but i don't want her getting something that can be really bad for her ^^

Always in my heart
Chiela is offline   Reply With Quote