View Single Post
Old 06-20-2017, 07:29 AM  
Cinnamon Bear
Banned

Default Re: Melody, my Chinesey hammy :)

The pet store I bought her at had been there for 2 mo before I bought her. She came in at 2 mo old so obviously she is now 4 months approximately. The staff tried to sell her but everybody said that she looks like a mouse and didn't want her. The manager said that they think that their store is the only store selling them around here. I don't know if they will carry them again or not? The vendor for the other locations of their pet store chain had said that the vendor is no longer breeding them. I'll have to call the store I bought her from and ask if they are still going to order Chinese hammys out of curiosity.

The silent spinner I have in her cage is not silent when she was running on it in the middle of the night. So I'm going to have to do something soon about getting a better wheel in her cage. The Silent Spinners are pricey and not made well at all IMO.

Melody is scared of the light, I tuned the kitchen light on instead of scaring her to death by me going to her cage in the dark, now I wish that I had turned on a lamp instead but I was half asleep. So I never got to see her last night. We've got plenty of time to get to know each other. I haven't let her approach my hand for treats as I know she'd be too scared. She's so little still, really cute. I put that tube in there knowing that she might hide in it. But that's okay, Izzy loved to burrow and she loved her tubes so I figure that Melody might like them as well.

Edit: called the store where I bought Melody & she said that the manufacturer doesn't have them available right now, if ever. I might have bought the last Chinese in Buffalo, very possible. I stay on top of who gets what from the various pet stores, Pet-Co male store sells alot of diabetic hamsters & Pet Supplies Plus also sells health compromised hamsters, like ring worm & mites. I have a couple stores or rescues as options in the future. Pet-Smart sold me 2 very sick hamsters. I got Sylvester from Pet Smart & he got so bad that I had him PTS.

Last edited by Cinnamon Bear; 06-20-2017 at 07:49 AM.