View Single Post
Old 06-18-2017, 04:58 PM  
LucyToons
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Help with name and also breed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmityvilleHams View Post
The Detolf is from Ikea.It's a decent investment for dwarf hamsters of any species,but it isn't great for Syrians(the depth is really quite poor for larger hamsters,but perfectly suitable for smaller species,even if the length is decent).

I'd go with the Barney or Alexander though,as both are better than the Alaska.The sizing of either cage would be more appropriate for dwarf species than the Alaska,and they'd both hold more substrate.Plus,they'd both come with some usable accessories whereas the Alaska wouldn't(plastic is best avoided as it is prone to causing ventilation problems and if ingested is not digestible,and since you can't predict any of those things becoming an issue it's better to just not use plastic items aside from a high quality wheel and in some cases a plastic bottle).
ahh, i've just had a look on uk site and the only i could find I wouldn't have room for

would the wheel that comes with the barney be suitable?