Thread: Quigley
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2017, 04:21 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Quigley

While you're at it! Could you measure the space between the bars please The Alexander is quoted as having 1cm bar spacing but the spacing is actually 7mm. If it is 7mm I'm getting one ha ha. Sometimes bar spacing is quoted as including the thickness of the bar and the actual space between the bars is less. It does look less than 1cm. (I think it's quoted as 9mm or 9.5mm). It wouldn't matter to most Syrian owners, but I have a thing about it being mouseproof and a mouse can get through anything bigger than 7mm. Although we don't actually have mice any more (but did have some in the loft when we arrived).

I think, as Cypher says, you could raise everything up a bit by putting deeper substrate in and raising the right hand shelf a bit more (also makes it easier to see them underneath the shelf) which would effectly make everything a bit higher up and reduce the drop. If it's about 1cm below the top of the cage base it shouldn't fall out and you can mound it up a bit in the middle.

I think with these large cages with a flat roof, the roof can actually bow down a bit (mine does) which is quite useful in reducing the height

Last edited by Pebbles82; 06-15-2017 at 04:27 AM.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote