View Single Post
Old 06-10-2017, 07:50 PM  
AprilPearl
Hamster Hugger

Default Re: Andover (SHC) 17th June 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffagrams View Post
A lot of the breeder hams seem to travel quite well and usually just go to sleep in their carrier. If you do need to travel from Bath with a hamster though, we can help out with some travel tips to make things as easy as possible.
Oh that's a relief. I was concerned that such a long journey might freak him/her out. It's 2 hours by car, from me. If I do end up going to Bath, I may ask for those tips beforehand if you don't mind!

Quote:
It can depend on things like how many hamsters are entered and how quickly the Show Sec is able to process all the paperwork but most of the shows I've been to will usually finish between 4-6pm. Pets are judged at 2pm and there is the Pet Class presentations after judging of that section is complete. That's usually about 3-3:30pm but it depends on how many pets thee are.
Great. I'll probably be spending a fair amount of the day there then.

One thing I am worried about is that, according to Kim, you can see the hamsters which will be for sale from 10am, but can't buy or reserve them until 10:30am. So, I expect that if I do see one that I like, there will be other people who want him/her too.

Quote:
Bath is a fantastic city and I feel fortunate to live so close. If you ever come to Bath and you're a Jane Austen fan, then do pay a visit to the Jane Austen Centre and take a photo with the greeter there... he's such a lovely, jolly chap.
Loved the Jane Austen centre when I visited before, but didn't take a photo with the greeter so I'll have to remember that for next time. You know, if I am free, I might go to the Bath show even if I do get a hamster next weekend... I need an excuse

Last edited by AprilPearl; 06-10-2017 at 10:59 PM.
AprilPearl is offline   Reply With Quote