View Single Post
Old 06-10-2017, 09:03 AM  
AprilPearl
Hamster Hugger

Default Re: Andover (SHC) 17th June 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffagrams View Post
Glad to have been a help. I had so many questions when I first started going to shows so don't worry, we've all been there.

The other thing that might be worth knowing is that we don't have the facilities to accept card payments so you'll need to make sure you've got some cash on you. There'll also be a tombola, a kitchen selling refreshments and there's usually hamster accessories for sale too.

I'll be Pen Stewarding for the dwarf section so do come and say hello. I won't be able to point out my own hamsters but I can point out the various dwarf species and colours to you.
The no card thing is really helpful to know, thank you! I can just imagine finding a lovely hamster and being unable to pay. Will make sure to take some cash out. Is there a usual price for a hamster, or does it vary?

I think I will go with what I know and get a syrian if I do get a pup, as I am all equipped for one - both in terms of knowledge and cage, food & accessories. I did email a very nice lady called Kim who said that she won’t know if there will be any pups for sale at the show until Wednesday or Thursday, because breeders usually don’t notify her until then. Are there ever shows where no breeders bring any syrian hams to sell?

It all sounds really nice heaven for hamster lovers. Can’t believe that I haven’t been to a show before, really.

Would love to come and say hi. Stupid question, but what does pen stuarding involve? Just to make sure I don’t walk up to the wrong person! Oh also, I need to point out in advance that I am not terribly rude - just painfully shy. So, sorry if I come across as awkward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden_Syrian_Hammmies View Post
I so wish I was in England right now so I could experience your hamster shows. Hope everyone has a wonderful time. Especially you Aprilpearl.
Ah thank you. That is so kind. Wish you could see it too. I am sure someone will post lots of pictures, though I will try to take some myself if I can and I remember!

Last edited by AprilPearl; 06-10-2017 at 09:16 AM.
AprilPearl is offline   Reply With Quote