View Single Post
Old 06-08-2017, 01:23 PM  
dreamtree1234
The Cuddler of Cuteness

Default Re: My African grey (Congo) parrots

CMB, I ABSOLUTELY love African greys! I am so glad that your furry friends have a special thread. Parrots are so amazing! Aren't they just the greatest?!? I am so glad that Joe was rescued by you and she learned to trust people again. How lucky you both are to have each other. I love it that Joe and Jake have found one another, too. I am so thrilled that they had 7 chicks (although now fully grown) together; it must have been truly wonderful for you to experience it all. Wow, it must be so much fun to hear them speak all of those "languages" and make numerous sounds!

I had a sun conure parrot named Aragorn (from The Lord of the Rings), and he was definitely one of the absolute loves of my life. He learned to say "Luv ya!", threw his tiny ball into the miniature basketball hoop 2 feet away while dancing to Space Jam in the background, loved solving all sorts of puzzles (including unlocking a 6-digit padlock), and doing numerous aerial tricks on command. I never clipped his flight wings because he was fully trained and never had the desire to fly away from his home with me. He also would fly to my arm whenever I called to him. He was truly a loving and loyal pet who literally saved my life twice. I will forever be grateful that he came into my life and gave me so much joy. I will love him forever. I will never forget my feathery family member, and he will always have a very special place in my heart.

CMB, thank you for creating such a lovely thread. I will enjoy seeing pics and reading about their adventures with you and each other. I love the pic of your feathery friend. Which one is it of? What are the names of all of the other African greys staying with you?

"...she fell into a deep sleep, and dreamed the dreams of the dreamtree." ~Stephen Cosgrove
Mum to Duchess. Fur Angels Eros007, Arwen, Hinata & Snickers 4Ever.

Last edited by dreamtree1234; 06-08-2017 at 01:28 PM.
dreamtree1234 is offline   Reply With Quote