View Single Post
Old 06-08-2017, 12:52 PM  
AprilPearl
Hamster Hugger

Default Re: Andover (SHC) 17th June 2017

I am planning on attending this show. I lost my poor little Mushu too early and I want to make sure my next hamster is from a breeder, so he/she doesn't have any genetic defects which might result in another tragic premature death. I know it might seem soon, but I do feel that I have unfinished business which I didn't get to see through with Mushu, because he left me so soon. Of course, they would never replace him, but they would give me somebody else to care for and love.

I thought I might go to this show and see if any baby hamsters pull at my heart strings. Maybe I will decide I am not ready, but in that case I will at least have a nice time seeing some lovely hamsters.

Is there anything I should know in particular? I have already been given some very good advice, by Souffle, who tells me that a breeder would be able to provide me with a container to take him/her home with. Is this the case at this show too? And if I do take my own carry case, how big should it be and what should I use?

My mum has to work in the morning, so I will have to wait for her to come and pick me up so I don't have to take the hamster home on public transport. So, I wouldn't be able to take away any hamster until the afternoon. Souffle says I can leave him/her in wellfair, is that also true at this show?

Finally, what time do breeders usually turn up with any hamsters they are interested in selling? Will they be there from 9am when the show starts? Thanks and sorry for all of the questions.
AprilPearl is offline   Reply With Quote