View Single Post
Old 06-05-2017, 05:43 AM  
Drago
The Hamtologist

Default Re: The Mousey thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilPearl View Post
They are so lovely and shiny! I didn’t know you coudl get satin mice - though, to be fair, I know very little about mice. The thing I like most about mice (and rats) I think, is probably their tails! Always loved mice and rats, but never had any - well, except the mouse (Jerry) that my brother and I nursed back to health after one of our cats caught him, but he went back into the wild. Do they let you touch their tails at all?

That background is very cool. Wonder if I could buy something similar...

Can’t wait to hear what you decide on for the other names.
I never knew mice could be satins either, but I'm currently studying genetics and mice are one of my model animals. I've learned a bunch about their colors, patterns, and fur types. I love their tails too! It's their tails that are responsible for many people's hatred of them which I never understood Shrew is definitely the friendliest of the bunch and lets me touch her tail. The orange and white one (still a no name) also allows me. The third one, who is very shy, doesn't like being touched though. That's really nice that you nursed that mouse back to health, hope Jerry turned out alright.

I'll definitely be sure to share their names once I can decide