Thread: My sweetie
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2017, 06:18 AM  
fuzzyfriendly
Newborn Pup

Default Re: My sweetie

I gave her the medicine on Friday. Three days, going strong. I have to apply one more drop after 3 weeks and then we will see. If anything new grows and gets big, I should come back before that (of course).

Obviously I'm at fault and I didn't understand the vet the first time, so I called one more time. My knowledge of German words doesn't really extend to hamster health conditions. My English is not great, but at least I can understand most of it. They did their best trying to explain it one more time and this time I wrote a bunch of words down and kept asking questions. I will be more prepared the next time I have a conversation with them.

So: It definitely wasn't a tumor, which was my biggest concern. And it wasn't a wart either. And I got that bacteria thing wrong as well. No bacteria. It was just a general tissue thickening and that (supposedly) can happen from mites.

Anyway ... Everything is wonderful. I know of cats&dogs that got a bit strung out from this kind of medicine, but she is doing great. Only time will tell. I hope I gave her a couple of months, rather than taking them. I don't like not trusting vets, doctors. They have the knowledge, tests, experience. What do I have? Internet full of information about things going bad. I'm still concerned about long term effects on liver and other organs. But I know I would also feel bad, if I didn't gave her the recommended medicine.

It doesn't make sense to take her to another vet now. If she were a dog, I would take her to another vet for another general check-up (check the blood, urine, feces). But since she is not, and there is only so much that they can check, I will just keep a close eye on her, as always.

Last edited by fuzzyfriendly; 05-22-2017 at 07:11 AM. Reason: Edit after another vet call :)
fuzzyfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote