View Single Post
Old 05-21-2017, 02:21 PM  
emojimom
Hamster Pup

Default Re: All about Beatrix

It is so cute to spy on Beatrix and see how she's settling in to her home. I can see the paths she makes, because 1) burrows, and 2) she's left a sort of traffic tower of bedding where she obvious circles around one way to go to the sand bath and the other way to go to her water. I wanted to recommend the water bottle I'm using for her, btw. It says it's for dwarf hamsters, but it's working great for her. I have it elevated on a pile of rocks. I love that I don't have to worry about it fitting in a cage no matter how high the walls are. And it's short enough that even if/when she climbs it, it's still too short for her to escape, and the ceramic base makes it sturdy enough so that it doesn't tip over. I have one in Cress's cage, and the hole at the base makes a perfect hide for her, being a Robo. I might get one for Anya and Emoji, too, I love it so much. I refill their water daily, so I don't need a huge bottle, and this is the perfect size, and it's easily adjustable.

Beatrix has been peeing in her wheel again, which she didn't used to do. She was only going in her sand bath. I've just cleaned the sand baths today, so hopefully a clean potty will remedy that. Luckily the Carolina Storm Bucket Wheel is easy to clean. I know the Silent Runner is the "best" wheel, and I have one for Anya and love it, but the Carolina wheel is amazing, too, and I love how adjustable it is and smooth, and pretty silent (though that isn't a concern for me), and how deep it is. Perfect for Beatrix.

Ok, that's probably enough product placement, lol. Tonight I plan to treat Beatrix and Anya to blueberries! I'm excited to see what she thinks. She hasn't been taking food directly from me in a few days, but wants me to set it down first. I'm sure all this changing cages has been a bit stressful for her. She seems fine, but I'd be surprised if she didn't require some settling in.
emojimom is offline   Reply With Quote