View Single Post
Old 05-21-2017, 08:56 AM  
Burakki
Adult Hamster

BP, she's trying to do everything humans do for sure!

SKB, yesterday she even started dozing off while watching TV from her cage))

So, Marti decided to play on my nerves yesterday...
She and I have this game when I let her play on my sofa and she "digs" tunnels in the blanket that I use to cover with on cold days. It's dark and soft, so I think Marti sees it as ground. Yesterday she was playing in it, I could feel her climbing around my feet, I was monitoring the edges of the blanket to see if she peeks out. Suddenly I heard the sounds of nails sliding across the sofa. I looked on the floor to see if she somehow got down but I didn't see her. I checked the blanket to see if she was still inside, but she wasn't! I didn't panic because I know that she is one tricky hamster. She had managed to get off the sofa a couple times before and usually she just stuck around it, sniffing it and everything close by. I went around the sofa, fully expecting her to be there but she wasn't! Still, not panicking I checked behind the sofa pillows which are her new favorite place, but she wasn't there as well. Then my mom and I got worried. We started looking under and behind the furniture but couldn't see anything. I realized that the door to the entrance hall and kitchen was open and went to close it so that she could not escape the room. We continued to look for her but she was nowhere to find! My mom was full on panicking while I was very confused. Marti is not the type of hamster to hide away and refuse to come out! The times when I let her roam free around the room (under my supervision), she was happily running around, exploring everything. Like I had already said, when she managed to climb off the couch she would also explore. I could not understand why would she hide now. She never hid from us, even on her very first day with us. She never feared humans! I put her favorite treats on the floor, which she usually jumps over her head to get, but she was not appearing. I honestly didn't know what to think. Grasping the last straw, I decided to check the kitchen and entrance hall in case she had managed to escape before I closed the door. So I go to the kitchen and what I see - Marti is happily trotting from the kitchen towards me! I immediately picked her up and she didn't even try to object. She was slightly dusty, looking pretty shocked from her successful escape but very proud of herself nonetheless. I cleaned her from the dust, gave her a thousand kisses and told her off for scaring us like that. The little rascal managed to get across the room to the door without anyone noticing in the first minutes the door was open! I guess she's lucky her fur is almost the same color as our floors and carpet... I swear, my next hamster will be white! Or my next carpet... XD

Mommy to Noir the antique book loving chinchilla
R.I.P. Prince Lemon - my fluffy baby. I’ll never forget you. 23.09.2017 - 17.05.2018
R.I.P. Martina - my golden Queen. You were amazing. 14.02.2017 - 24.01.2019

Last edited by Vectis Hamstery; 07-16-2017 at 07:55 AM.
Burakki is offline   Reply With Quote