Thread: Newt's thread
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2017, 01:31 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Newt's thread

Newtie showed his ingenuity last night and demonstrated the techniques hamsters use to scale solid sided cages and escape. He didn't escape because I was there. I was sitting in the playpen with him, so I was a good climbing frame! I only fit in sitting at a diagonal, corner to corner, so my feet were in one corner. Newtie gripped the sole of my shoe with his front paws/claws and used his back legs to push off the playpen side and shimmied up to the top of my shoe and his little head popped over the top of my shoe He could have actually gone from there over the top of the playpen - so I gave him a lift down again

He had a blueberry last night which he took into the ceramic house on the shelf - he likes sitting in there. He is visibly larger now with scent glands showing and looks like an adult hamster now except for his face which still has a baby look Well he still is a baby really - or a toddler. He also tackled a monkey nut in his sputnik but gave up on it so I started it off for him and the nuts were gone this morning.

Here he is in his sputnik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-43vt-5Wot4
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote