View Single Post
Old 05-19-2017, 05:01 PM  
tylerandloki
Newborn Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher View Post
Haven't seen your other thread yet so this might have been said already!
It's hard to tell from a photo but she looks ok, hamster weights vary so much although it's a good idea to weigh them just so you can keep a track of any gains or losses telling whether they're the right weight is easier by feel & look really.
You can feed fresh veg daily, that's fine & certainly won't cause weight gain, a lot better than feeding lots of treats, I wouldn't give much fruit though, it's too sweet & acidic so should just be a rare treat.
About a tablespoon of her dry mix is probably about enough for a day.
It hasn't been said, and thank you very much!
How much veggies can I feed her per day? I think I've been giving too
much. Is a tablespoon of cucumber/carrots or something of that sort okay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilPearl View Post
Just so you know, I edited my original post so there is more info init now that you might want to read.

Yeah, mine does not like mealworms either. I think it’s like marmite: some hamsters love them and some hate them. Freeze dried chicken is really good as a protein source because it stores well. I think feedinv about 7% protein in their diet is reccommended.

Advice varies on the veg. I don’t personally, but many members here feed it daily with no problems. A finger nail sized piece is fine but really no more if you are feeding daily. It also provides them with fiber which they need, particularly as they get older.
Yes, I saw that, thank you so much, it was very helpful!
So it seems! I've never had a hamster that likes mealworms, I really do think it is like marmite to them. I got freeze fried chicken today, I think she'll like it. I don't eat it, so now she has chicken supply for a while, haha.
That sounds reasonable, I'll switch to that from now on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpandora View Post
i am absolutely no help in telling you if Bernie is overweight or not but i will tell you, she is so stinkin cute!!
Aw, thank you!

Last edited by souffle; 05-19-2017 at 11:17 PM.
tylerandloki is offline   Reply With Quote