Thread: My sweetie
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2017, 10:17 AM  
cypher
Dwarf whisperer

Default Re: My sweetie

Firstly I'm glad to hear it's gone, & she seems better in herself.
It does sound as though it was an ear wart then which isn't that uncommon really, normally they are just removed if they get too large but I think any kind of wart can just drop off especially if they are on a really thing stalk.
I am a bit confused by the treatment though tbh, I'm not sure what causes the warts to grow in the first place, I had an idea it was a virus rather than bacteria but could be totally wrong either way I'm not sure why they're prescribing a treatment for lice & fleas which hamsters don't get, totally confused there so not sure what to say.
If it was bacteria I would have thought antibiotics would be the most likely course of treatment so that seems a little odd too.
I have seen other cases of warts but from what I remember removal is usually sufficient.
Personally I wouldn't go overboard with cleaning or binning wooden toys with this kind of condition but that's entirely up to you of course.
❤️
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote