Thread: Homemade feed?
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2017, 01:48 PM  
chesca_27
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: Homemade feed?

I do make my own hamster food, as does Cypher. I can give you a couple of links for threads which do go over this in a little more detail. Here's one link.l This is my own thread about my hamster's diet.

You can feed a Winter White, Hybrid, Campbells and Chinese all the same food (it must be sugar free though if it's being shared by Hybrids, Campbells and Chinese). Theoretically, a Syrian, Robo and pure bred Winter White (must have a pedigree) can eat the same food, but typically Syrians prefer eating bigger chunks and dwarfs prefer eating smaller seeds.

You may want to adjust food depending on your hamster's likes and dislikes though, so it isn't really a one size fits all.

I don't have a specific recipe really. My food evolves as I get to know my hamster better. I do have a list of ingredients and quantities though, with all the nutritional information worked out. Bear in mind that the nutritional aspect will never be 100% accurate.

Starting with a good base mix (Harry/Hazel Hamster for Syrians and Burgess Dwarf for all other species) and then adding to it would be the easiest way.