View Single Post
Old 05-15-2017, 10:41 AM  
Scarlett Empress
Hamster Overlord

Default Re: Marty enjoying a little playpen time...

Thanks everyone! No matter how big I make the playpen or how much I put in there to amuse her, she always wants out...I think I may have to give in and ham-proof my room so she can free-range. I don't think she'll be happy till she can access all areas!

AprilPearl ooer the thought of hamsters with opposable thumbs is pretty scary! I love that pic with her palm showing, glad I managed to get that one.

Stealers Wheel if the plastic was at all sharp, I would not let her chew it.

CMB heh heh I don't know about reinforcing, the playpen will need replacing entirely at this rate!

Seriously though, the original idea of making a playpen from these plastic panels was that the gaps at the corners were covered in tape. Well, the reason I haven't done this is, the first time I did try it when I first got Marty, she had no trouble in pulling off ordinary insulation tape. So I had the bright idea to use Gorilla tape! Whish she still managed to pull off - and got little bits stuck all over her. She wasn't properly used to being picked up at that stage, so trying to remove chomped up bits of tape from a young wriggly ham was pretty scary...

I don't know what else I could cover the gaps with. I try and put toys in the corners that she targets, but she pushes things out of the way or pushes the panels till she can get at them.

RIP Smokey and Marty McVitie xxx never forgotten
Scarlett Empress is offline   Reply With Quote