View Single Post
Old 05-06-2017, 03:46 PM  
emojimom
Hamster Pup

Default All about Beatrix

IMG_3475-2.JPG

I'd like to introduce Beatrix! The "fancy teddy bear" hamster! A week ago, I adopted Emoji, a Russian dwarf hybrid, and I had no plans to add another species of hamster to my menagerie, but when I was at the store buying cat litter today, I came across this beauty. She was up for adoption, because she had been returned by her owner, and she'd been at the pet store for a month. She is very tame already, because the store employees just love her and have been handing her and playing with her a lot. She is thrilled with her huge bin cage, so much more space than she's ever had in her life. I had a Syrian, Algernon, when I was 12, and I adored him, so I am glad to have another one in my life, but it happened so out of the blue. I just couldn't leave her there, and the employees seemed so excited for her to have found a home.

I'll try to get better pictures of her later, but I was so excited to get her settled in (she'd nearly chewed through the box they sent her home in by the time we arrived!) that I didn't have time for many photos.

I have been studying up on dwarf hamsters, so now I need to do my research on Syrians!

Last edited by emojimom; 05-06-2017 at 03:49 PM. Reason: change picture
emojimom is offline   Reply With Quote