View Single Post
Old 05-06-2017, 12:38 AM  
AprilPearl
Hamster Hugger

Default Re: How to make silent runner silent?

Have you got it free standing, or have you attached it to the side of the cage?

I found that Mushu’s silemt runner was completely silent when free standing. However, when I attached it to the side of the cage, it mad an unholy racket. That was because I had attached it too low on the bars so that it was knocking against the side of the plastic tray base. The problem was remedied by moving it as far up the bars as it would go so that there is now minimal knocking although there is still a tiny bit of noise.

The company guarantees that the wheel’s mechanism is silent/extremely quiet. They cannot be responsible for noises produced as a result of the wheel not being attached correctly to the cage, or if the cage you have bought is not tall enough. Getting a replacement wheel will not help with this, but attaching the wheel higher or getting a taller cage if that is not possible in your current one, should.

Try spinning the wheel round when it is free standing. You can even have you hamster spin on it free standing while you watch. If it makes very little noise, then it is them way in which it is attached to the cage whic is the problem. If it is still very noisy, then there is a fault with it and you should send it back.
AprilPearl is offline   Reply With Quote