View Single Post
Old 04-30-2017, 11:00 AM  
Vectis Hamstery

Default Re: 30 Days of April

Asia hasn't fallen for my traps yet and is lying low. I'll re-bait them tonight.

Today's been busy as I was in the hamster display tent at the Hampshire County Fair (which we'll be doing all again tomorrow). It was only about 10 minutes away and none of the Vectis hammies were needed so Rogue and I travelled light. We were a long way away from the entrance again so it took a while after opening for people to filter towards us.
View from the hamster tent by Vectis Hamstery, on Flickr

There were some very busy times and then it all slowed down by early afternoon when the rain set in. I took turns running the Pot Luck game and in talking to people about hammies and showing them the display team to stroke.
Display hammies by Vectis Hamstery, on Flickr
These two came out for cuddles with me as did a very smooshy black lad:
Yellow black by Vectis Hamstery, on Flickr
REC by Vectis Hamstery, on Flickr

Rogue and I entered the fancy dress class in the fun dog show. He dressed as a witch, complete with pointy hat and cauldron, while I dressed as a frog. There was only one entrant in the class so we romped home with a 1st place rosette. We also took part in the have-a-go lure coursing which gave the spectators a laugh as Rogue decided chasing a lure was not his sort of thing and he just sat politely at my side!

I wonder what's in here by Vectis Hamstery, on Flickr

Next door to the hammies was the reptile tent and I had a little wander when things got quiet.
Monitor lizard by Vectis Hamstery, on Flickr
Tegu by Vectis Hamstery, on Flickr
Tortoise by Vectis Hamstery, on Flickr

Well, this is now the 30th day of '30 Days of April'. Thank you for sharing in my photos this month and commenting on them