View Single Post
Old 04-29-2017, 01:01 PM  
Vectis Hamstery

Default Re: 30 Days of April

Today I thought I'd show you some of my Syrians. I only have certain colours and you saw one of them yesterday - yellow. Yellow is one of the colours I have because my yellow hamsters carry dark grey; it's not a colour I choose to breed for (and I tend to keep non-yellow male pups). Other colours I have because they are dark grey carriers are goldens and cinnamons:
Tim by Vectis Hamstery, on Flickr
Phoenix by Vectis Hamstery, on Flickr

The colour I love is dark grey (in case you hadn't guessed yet!) The main problem with them for showing is that they go brown as they age which loses them a lot of points, so they only have a short time they can show for. Tauric is an old lad and is very brown!
Tauric by Vectis Hamstery, on Flickr

Many people start showing and breeding Syrians with creams as it's a robust colour. I got my first cream hamster last year and she had a litter here with, yes, a dark grey! I have an ultimate aim of making some dark grey ivories as it's been a long time since I saw one and wanted to compare them to the more frequently seen silver grey ivories. This is Valegra, my cream girl.
Valegra by Vectis Hamstery, on Flickr

Her daughter is currently in my bad books as I found this when I went to feed her tonight:
Escape! by Vectis Hamstery, on Flickr
Even a bulldog clip wasn't enough to keep Asia from having a stroll. I think she's in my bedroom so I've set up a trap for her as she resisted my attempts to search for her.

As you can see from the pictures, tonight was kale night. Everyone here loves their kale!
Nom! by Vectis Hamstery, on Flickr

And a bonus pic of Queenie who is slowly starting to regrow her fur.
Queenie by Vectis Hamstery, on Flickr