View Single Post
Old 04-28-2017, 05:36 PM  
dreamtree1234
The Cuddler of Cuteness

Default Re: I can't get a hamster

Hi and welcome to HC, AdrianPops! I am so sorry that your mom will not allow you to have hamsters at the moment, but I am sure that she has her reasons. Although you may not always understand exactly the reasoning behind your mom's decisions at the time, hopefully when you are older you will come to understand and agree with her. Regardless, it is always extremely important to remember that she is making those choices with your best interest at heart and looking through experienced eyes. She probably realizes that you are going through a crossroad in your life where you may not have as much time due to attending a university or finding employment soon. She may also be considering the heavy responsibility and financial strain breeding hamsters can be for someone who doesn't have the expertise in that endeavor. Please try to give your mom a chance to guide you without being frustrated or angered by her decisions. Listen to her reasoning and together come up with a solution. When you have your own place, done extreme research on hamster breeding, and all the conditions are right, you can reconsider having hamsters and breeding at that time. Until then, you may want to consider interacting with hamsters by volunteering at a hamster rescue or working at a pet store where hamsters are sold.

Best of luck, and I look forward to seeing you around HC.

"...she fell into a deep sleep, and dreamed the dreams of the dreamtree." ~Stephen Cosgrove
Mum to Duchess. Fur Angels Eros007, Arwen, Hinata & Snickers 4Ever.
dreamtree1234 is offline   Reply With Quote