Thread: Research survey
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2017, 03:20 AM  
Drago
The Hamtologist

Default Re: Research survey

Thank you all for taking the time! I didn't quite think of the conversions, which was pretty dumb on my part considering the US is one of the only odd countries who decided to use these measurements. How about this, I'm going to revise the survey and make the conversions so that it's easier for those who use cm. I'll also revise the "how would you say your hamster enjoys their cage" to something a bit less vague. Serendipity, I'll add an additional question I believe which asks whether or not you've upgraded more than once. I'll also add in a note that if you have upgraded more than once, use the cage size from right before the upgrade.

Now to answer some of the questions!
I've posted this survey on multiple sites so that I could get the most results possible. Of course it isn't going to be possible to get an actual representation of all owners, but this could give a general idea! I wonder if it would be worth it to post this in some form of general social media/forum to see what results we'd get from average owners.
As for the questions on the last question, I wasn't exactly sure how to word it. I was mainly looking to see if people thought their hamsters seemed happy and safe in their cages, but I can see I was a bit vague now! I have another survey which I'll maybe be adding later, but I am going to make sure all questions are detailed (and if not, that I explain them when I post).
AprilPearl, I will try to post the results of this survey. I mostly had a hypothesis regarding average cage size amongst owners, what hamster species seemed to have the largest cage, and which countries had the largest cages. This isn't going to be used for anything in particular, just wanted to get ideas of stats, and perhaps add the results into a care guide I've been working on

Thank you all again for taking this, and for the wonderful feedback! I will make changes to this survey accordingly, and will be sure that future surveys use the suggestions as well

Last edited by Drago; 04-26-2017 at 03:40 AM.
Drago is offline   Reply With Quote