View Single Post
Old 04-22-2017, 09:41 PM  
cypher
Dwarf whisperer

Default Re: How am I ever going to tame my robos?

Everything has to be done in small steps & that includes cleaning.
Two hours is a very long time for the boys to have been left in the bin & if it was that long I assume you did a full cage clean?
Never do a full cage clean in future, you can spot clean daily if necessary (if you know where they pee that is) other than that just clean small areas of the cage, never all at once, maybe do a third at one time, then do a bit more a couple of weeks after that if you need to.
Most of the cage needs very little cleaning tbh, the area where they pee obviously needs to be kept clean but the rest can be left for quite a long time or you can just clean up any food debris, old poo etc from the top when needed.
If you clean the nest area always put back some of the old nest material & the same with the food hoard, either put it back or replace with some fresh mix.
You don't need to use any cleaners or disinfectant, it's important not to remove their scent any more than you absolutely have to.
The time out of the cage & not having their scent in the cage when they went back in would have been very stressful for them so it may take some time to get back to where you were with taming, just go right back to the beginning & take your time, they should come round again.

ETA I forgot to say if you put them in the bin again in future either for taming or cleaning always put some substrate in for them to dig in & include some from the cage so it smells familiar for them, wheels can help if they get a bit stressed & a couple of hideouts for them if you'll be leaving them in there while you do stuff in the cage, you could probably do most of the necessary cleaning while they're still in the cage though if it's just spot cleaning or tidying up small areas.
❤️

Last edited by cypher; 04-23-2017 at 12:47 AM.
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote