View Single Post
Old 04-22-2017, 07:21 PM  
Crystalroborovski
Senior Hamster

Unhappy Re: How am I ever going to tame my robos?

So yesterday it was time to clean the cage. I removed all of the toys and then it was time to catch the boys and transfer them to a small bin cage. I gently removed the substrate from their burrowing area and used a cup to catch them. After two hours i finished cleaning it and put the boys back in with the cup. The whole time they were in the bin they were traumatized. This evening I tried putting my hand with the treat in the cage while Key Lime was out. He froze up. I left the treat and removed my hand. 20 minutes later I came back in my room. When I came over to the cage Key Lime just froze up and put his ears back

It's been a week and a half since I started putting my hand in the cage with a treat. The boys both took treats for a few days but then they stopped a couple of days ago even before I started cleaning. I would that I should be making progress in taming, especially since they were taking treats before. I feel like I've taken a step back I know every ham moves at their own pace but why did mine suddenly stop? There wasn't any change in food, cage setup, surroundings, or anything. I'm not an expert on hamsters but I think they would be making progress and would be more eager to take treats. I feel like I made a mistake and just erased my taming progress but I had no choice to remove them when I cleaned because I had to vacuum the cage and remove all the bedding and I thought my hams would get really scared of my hand.

So basically I'm asking- why did my hamsters suddenly stop taking treats from me and have I completely messed up taming?
Crystalroborovski is offline   Reply With Quote