View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 02:51 PM  
Jennie F
Adult Hamster

Default Re: Hi guys i just want to see if im doing this right

Your hammy has adorable markings and colourings. As people have already said, he seems to be confident already, so I'd get the taming process going now. I knows its easy to be weary after your hamster has nipped or bitten you. My girl bit me under my thumb nail and drew blood, but then I made the rookie error of not washing my hands after I broke up a treat for her so my fault. Bonding is a process of trust building between both of you, which takes time but its lovely to see how far you have helped them to come out of their shell by the end of it. Just take it easy and at your hamsters pace. Try the bathtub trick or get/make a playpen and sit in there with them. As others have mentionned, hamsters grow ridiculously quickly, so he will probably outgrow that wheel in a matter of weeks. My girl cerrainly did. I have 6 wheels for 1 hamster! And only 1 is big enough, the one in her cage is borderline, which is why she will be getting her third (and bloody final) cage upgrade in the next month for the big wheel to fit into.

As someone else said, have a look through the various threads to pick up loads of tips. You can alway ask for advice, no matter how daft it might seem (they put up with my multiple questions haha) Its always better to ask and everyone is really nice and helpful.Good luck with the taming sessions and let us know how its going. Ps post cute pics, we all love hammy pictures