Thread: Where to start?
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 03:52 AM  
Drago
The Hamtologist

Default Re: Where to start?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie View Post
Hi there! Thank you, I'm excited to get back into it. It's been too long without a little furry friend! How many hamsters do you have?

I have been having a browse over the forums and its interesting to see whats changed, that's why I wanted to get some suggestions before buying. I'm planning on getting a Syrian, I've only owned Syrians in the past.
Is there any specific cages you would recommend?

I am in the UK so I will definitely get hold of fitch bedding. Do you know if they sell it at pets at home? If not, I'll find it online for sure.

Wheel wise, I would need something quiet as possible so it being called 'silent runner' is a good start

Thank you for all you help!
Oh nice, another Syrian lover! I currently only own one hamster, Duncan. He's a Syrian as well (I've also only owned Syrians but am looking into a chinesey).

Cages like the Alaska and Barney are highly praised cages for Syrians. I've never used either of them, but there are many members on here who have and loved them!

Like others have said, you unfortunately can't get it at pets at home. However, Fitch has a website https://www.fitchrecycling.co.uk/fit...r/bedding.html

A silent runner is definitely the quietest wheel I've ever heard! (Or technically not heard!) so if that's what you're looking for, it's the perfect wheel for you.

If you have any other questions, please ask
Drago is offline   Reply With Quote