Thread: Sand bath
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2017, 02:54 AM  
Humphrey_hamster
Hamster Pup

My hamster LOVES his sandbath. He practically can't live without it lol it's in the corner of his cage and it keeps him clean, keeps down his claws etc. We get him chinchilla sand so it is small animal friendly

I keep my hamsters sand bath in the cage 24/7. He acts like he can't live without it. It keeps him clean, keeps his claws down etc. His is in the corner of his cage. It's easy to clean and a safe way of him staying clean. He tends to keep his sand bath clean so it doesn't need changing too often. My friend had a bit of a problem as her hamsters sandbath didn't have a lid/roof so the sand flew everywhere and she had to keep brushing it up. Personally though, I think you should leave the sand in there all the time because it's a great way to keep your hammy occupied. You can also buy https://www.amazon.co.uk/Trixie-Larg...+digging+towerhamster digging towers that you can hide food in etc but I wouldn't leave those in all the time, I've got one but only put it in occasionally as he had his sandbath in all the time

Last edited by Vectis Hamstery; 04-09-2017 at 06:21 AM.
Humphrey_hamster is offline   Reply With Quote