View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 03:00 PM  
Drago
The Hamtologist

Default Re: How deep should my bedding be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceread View Post
We have a Chinese draft hamster. The bedding we bought when we purchased "Coffee" (our hamster) is from Pet Supplies Plus Paper Bedding. It does not appear to have any dust or smell. Is this O.K. till we use it up? It won't take long...we have the bedding way to shallow. I will look for the ones you recommend. I'm not sure what our pet stores have. Also, we bought Chinchilla sand but our hamster is not at all interested. We just touched a bit on her back to dry up the oils from holding her. It is sand (not dust) but to me it still seems dusty.
That bedding should be fine granted it has no additives You can always order kaytee C&C online from places like Amazon (and I believe maybe chewy has it but double check first) What brand of chinchilla sand is it? Not all hamsters are interested in sand baths so I wouldn't recommend putting sand on her fur as this can sit there and cause irritation/dry skin which you don't want. Overall I'd just leave it there and see if she uses it, but if not that's perfectly fine too!
Drago is offline   Reply With Quote