View Single Post
Old 04-01-2017, 12:59 PM  
Vectis Hamstery

Default 30 Days of April

Hello It's my turn to do the photo month thread for April. I've done it before in 2013 and 2015, but I have lots of new hammies to share with you and some interesting events planned. I'll get round to telling you a bit more about myself and my beasties later as I've got too much to show you this weekend!

Today was the Southern Hamster Club's show down in Dawlish, Devon. I set off from home at 7am to make the 2.5 hour journey. When we arrived I benched my hamsters and then headed off on a walk with Rogue the dog and a fellow exhibitor who fancied stretching her legs (I'd seen the weather forecast and knew it was going to rain later which it did by the bucketload). We had a nice stroll along the seafront and through the nature reserve where I took this photo from a bird watching hide.
Walkies by Vectis Hamstery, on Flickr

Rogue had a well earned nap while I enjoyed a cup of tea and chat in the hall. It was an exhibitor's birthday and they brought yummy cupcakes
Yum! by Vectis Hamstery, on Flickr

I didn't have a job at this show, which is a nice change. I was asked to help judge pet class and had 10 male Syrians to cuddle. There were some lovely ham-men to choose from. Here are the pet entries (though a few more arrived after I took this - a total of 10 male Syrians, 12 female Syrians, 1 other rodent and 1 rabbit).
Pet class by Vectis Hamstery, on Flickr

This is my Dobby who I entered into the other rodent class. He won 1st (though he was the only other rodent!)
Dobby Duprasi by Vectis Hamstery, on Flickr

My show team of 6 dwarf hamsters did me proud and achieved:
3rd sapphire winter white (Kittiwake)
2nd normal Chinese (Indy)
1st and 3rd dom spot Chinese (Kingston, Appley)
1st and 2nd BEW Chinese (Helen, Pyle)
4th breeder (Kingston)
1st and 3rd Members Points Class (Helen, Indy)
1st and 3rd grand challenge (Helen, Indy)
Certificates of Merit for Helen and Indy
Dwarf Best in Show (Helen)

Dawlish 2017 by Vectis Hamstery, on Flickr